You will need:
- Yarn needle
- 3mm crochet hook
- Red yarn or Ribbon
- Pipe Cleaner
- DK Yarn
- Approx. 5m
Stitches and abbreviations used:
(I am from England but use US crochet terms)
- Ch - Chain
- SC - Single crochet
- ST - Stitch
- HDC - Half Double Crochet
- DC – Double Crochet
- SLST - Slip stitch
- R – Round or Row
- FO - finish Off
Other things to note....
- This is worked in continuous rounds. It is helpful to use a stitch marker to keep track.
- * * indicates repeated series of stitches.
- Stitches in [ ] are worked into one stitch.
Using a piece of pipe cleaner, make a circle approx. 11cm in circumference.
1. Make 27 sc around the pipe cleaner.
2. *[sc, hdc, dc], [dc, hdc, sc], skip next st * x8, [sc, hdc, dc], [dc, hdc, sc], slst.
FO - Leave the yarn tail to make the hanging loop and close any gaps where the pipe cleaner may show through.
Weave red yarn or ribbon through for decoration and tie in the centre.